The region’s only 24-hour emergency care
The Telluride Regional Medical Center is a Level V Trauma Center. Emergency services are provided by Board Certified Emergency Physicians, Registered Nurses and Radiological Technologists. View our complete list of health & wellness services here.
Emergency & Trauma Services: (970) 728-3848, then dial 0
If no one answers on this line, it’s after-hours or Sunday, call the Emergency Physician number (below)
Emergency Physician: (970) 729-1089
Do not use this line for refills, appointments or lab questions.
The Emergency and Trauma Department is designed to furnish the residents of the Telluride Hospital District and area visitors with a full spectrum of Emergency and Trauma services.
Choosing where you go for care matters
When you have an unexpected health need – whether it’s an emergency or a small pain – you must choose where to seek help. Understanding where you should go for medical care can affect how much you pay, how long you wait and the type of treatment you receive. The Telluride Regional Medical Center wants you to understand those different options and make the best for you and your family, based on your insurance, your providers and your condition or health need.
- Visit whereforcare.org to see some of the common options available when you are choosing where to go for care.
- Call your insurer to better understand your insurance plan and to find the nearest location or provider that is covered by your plan.
- Download this Family Care Plan to make sure you and your family know where you will go for any type of unexpected health need.
- Learn more about common insurance plan terms to better understand what you may pay for a health care visit.
- The Where for Care campaign is a collaboration of a number of Colorado organizations, including The Telluride Regional Medical Center, the Colorado Hospital Association, the Center for Improving Value in Health Care and more